03 August 2011

Shitty Food.......

The Subway Sandwich! A guilty pleasure of mine. The Italian BMT, the Cold Cut Combo, the Spicy Italian, any of these sandwiches for some reason hit the spot each and every time! Often I'm asked "why would you eat that when your a professional Chef?". "It's a funny thing", I reply, "nothing sounds better after a long day of cooking filet mignon, braised short ribs and risotto than shitty food." I have found it to be true of so many of my Chef friends. In-N-Out, Taco Bell, Subway (the healthiest of the lot), Carl's Jr. and Del Taco make up the top five answers I've been given. Funny right? You would think that after depleting your body of precious resources one would have a tall glass of water, some fruit and vegetables and maybe a nice piece of chicken or small serving of steak to get your body back to normal......nah! A cold beer, maybe some bourbon, and as much shitty food as possible. Soft tacos add secret sauce from Del Taco.......yes please! A 4x animal style and animal style fries......Absolutely!!!! A ten pack tacos and burritos from Taco Bell......Only if you split it with red and green sauce!! Maybe it is safe to say that we Chefs aren't fat from tasting food all day rather it's all that shitty food!!!!

Now where is my BMT? I'm STARVING!

Chef Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment